A lawyer for a Catholic school district in California is suing a former administrator, accusing him of sexually abusing his four-year-old daughter.
The lawyer, Paul E. G. Cauce, filed a lawsuit Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court against the former administrator who has been the principal of St. Francis Xavier Catholic School in San Fernando Valley since 2015.
Causce, who has no criminal history, is accused of sexually assaulting his daughter in 2016.
Cusack’s lawyer, Daniel M. Siegel, said Causack is a victim of an “inhuman, brutal, vicious, and disgusting crime.”
Siegel said he is not seeking to silence the former principal.
“The only thing that would make me more upset is if they would bring a criminal case against this man for child molestation,” Siegel told CNN.
“There’s no way that we’re going to have to have an investigation of this in the district.
There’s no other way we’re proceeding.”
The Los Angeles district attorney’s office did not immediately respond to CNN’s request for comment.
The Los Angles school district, which oversees about 4,000 students in grades K-8, is a major employer in the city, and is home to some of the largest Catholic organizations in the country.
The district has long had a reputation for protecting students.
But the alleged incident raises questions about the safety of children in the school.
The school district declined to comment on the case.
Sausiegel’s lawyer also said that his client had been charged with a felony in California for child abuse but had not been convicted.
Caux’s attorney, Michael Hausfeld, said he was not aware of any other allegations against Caux.
He said the district had received complaints from parents about the alleged sexual abuse of their children, but that the district’s staff was not involved in the process.
Crescencia, a lawyer for Causac, did not respond to requests for comment Monday.
The alleged incident came to light last year, after Causace was suspended from the school for failing to report sexual abuse.
The boy, who remains in foster care, told investigators that he had been sexually abused by Causacio for more than a decade, according to the complaint.
The incident, according, happened in September 2015, when the boy was 12.
The complaint says the boy reported the abuse to the district, but no action was taken.
A week later, the boy’s mother and sister came to the school and reported to administrators that their son had been molested, according.
The girl told the parents that her son had told her he had sex with Causco.
“She told us that he said he didn’t want to be there anymore, that he didn�t want to go to school anymore,” the complaint said.
CCAE had a policy prohibiting sexual abuse and harassment, according the complaint, and that it was “fully cooperating with law enforcement and local authorities” on the investigation.
The San Fernando County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that CCAEs “have a zero tolerance policy for sexual abuse.”
It also noted that Causcace has been suspended pending an investigation.
“I want to assure you that we will be holding accountable those who are responsible for these heinous crimes, and we will cooperate with authorities,” the statement said.
“We will continue to provide support and resources to those who have been harmed.”
A spokesperson for the district said the school district has been working with local authorities on the matter.
“This is a very complex investigation and we are currently working with our law enforcement partners,” the spokesperson said in an email.
“CCAE’s policy prohibits sexual abuse, and our staff and administrators are fully cooperating with authorities to ensure the safety and well-being of our students.”
CNN’s Erin Pizzey contributed to this report.